Field Team Manager
Field based (South West / Southern / Home-based)
37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday, working 1 weekend in 8
Competitive Salary + Fully maintained Company Car with paid business mileage
Company Laptop, iPad, iPhone
Company health care plan, Pension in line with Government
20 days annual leave + bank holidays + your birthday off
FSC is a family business with more than 30 years of award winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries. We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector. Our Head Office is in the world-famous village of Cheddar and, although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly gather together to review performance, share best practice.
The FSC field team primary role is to deliver operational excellence, improved profitability, unsurpassed customer experience and ensuring the Brand Standard of our major blue-chip retail partner is also upheld. Unlike regular Business/Sales Development jobs these roles seek to better understand the way businesses operate and give unbiased advice to the stakeholders without having an agenda to push. You are genuinely developing businesses rather than seeking to sell more products B2B.
There will be many key levers at your disposal and it is your challenge to choose the correct ones to suit the needs of the businesses you are working with. In contrast with a “normal” sales role you are not tasked with selling more units to benefit our business but the goal is to improve profitability for the business unit and for the client – however that is achieved.
As a CR Coach reporting into one of the Senior CR Coach you will have Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to achieve along with your own network of retailers and Service Station to performance manage, coach and reward.
- 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English
- Post-degree work-related qualification
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certification
- Knowledge and experience in the food retail industry
- Experience in Coaching and Training (2-3 years)
- Previous experience in a field-based role would be an advantage
- Proven experience of regular reporting to senior stakeholders
- First class negotiation abilities. The role isn’t for you to dictate changes to working practices but to explain, advise, justify and convince that your suggestions are correct for the improvement of the businesses
- You must be a confident communicator with a strong focus on the customer’s needs and have the following:
- Superb coaching and communication skills. Whether face-to-face, on the phone or via email you must have the ability to transfer your experiences and expectations to everybody you interact with.
- Networking and stakeholder management skills.
- Commercial and business acumen skills and the ability to influence site teams on sales and profit opportunities.
- Ability to gain the trust and loyalty with those people you work alongside as well as inspiring them to deliver the concept whether you are with them or not.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint primarily).
- Self-motivated. Willing to learn through personal development and dedicated to being on site and making a difference.
- Adaptable, conscientious and relentless.
- Willing to go that extra mile to obtain results
- Have a flexible approach to work and be able to stay away from home as required
- To fully participate in meetings with independent retailers in your region using the FSC bespoke software to identify areas where opportunities exist for increasing sales
- The constant coaching of onsite staff to ensure that they complete tasks efficiently and engage effectively with their customers and enjoy their work.
- Engage with the retailers and client Territory Managers to assess the business operations and make the necessary adjustments.
- Identify opportunities and implement new POS, merchandising plans, display equipment and layouts.
- Dealing and investigating customer complaints, resolve the specific case and prevent repeats of the issue in the future.
- Producing Management Information reports on a regular basis to a high standard.
- Creating, attending and delivering presentations to territory and district meetings as appropriate.
- To continually review product quality while at the Service Station reporting back on any falling below The FSC documented standards
- Merchandising Support, Surveys of existing layouts, installation of new equipment/POS.
- Compliance Checking, ensuring shop layout plans have not changed, auditing Planogram compliance, NPD availability, retail Brand Standards, food Safety Audit
Please note this position requires a full UK driving license.
This role is for someone who demands, and gets results but achieves them in the “right” way!