Competitive basic salary + 20 days holiday + your birthday off + health care scheme + other company benefits
Full time, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Temporary 12-month contract
FSC is a family business with 29 years of award winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is in the world-famous village of Cheddar and we have an Innovation Centre near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
- Develop, maintain and deliver the company buying and procurement program across the UK and Europe.
- Lead and deliver short and long-term contracts with key manufacturers and distributors.
- Support the product development and supplier sourcing program in terms of defining the supplier and final cost negotiations across ingredients, packaging or finished product.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive manufacturer and distributor contingency plan.
- Delivery were possible consolidation of raw material purchasing across multiple markets.
- Run tenders at a planned frequency on all key raw materials keeping prices as low as possible whilst keeping the to the required quality and supplier standards.
- Ensure that all key suppliers have appropriate supply contracts in place.
- Maintain FSC’s excellent reputation with suppliers and manufacturers within the industry.
- Develop a strong and professional working relationship with all external suppliers and key internal stakeholders
- Develop weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports on current negotiations, market trend etc. and presenting back to either internal or external stakeholders
- Attending necessary internal and external meetings relating to contractual, ingredient, product and supply chain.
- Proven procurement, buying and operational experience within the food industry.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in contract management.
- Have a broad knowledge of all specialist manufacturing and distributors within the industry.
- Experience in supporting new product development.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills required.
- Due to daily contact with external and internal partners strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own and with tight commercial targets.
- Competent in all windows / oﬃce based software.
- Educated to degree/A-level standard.
- Enjoy frequent challenges, change and working in multiple locations.