Agile Operations Coordinator
50% Cheddar – 50% Bristol but with an element of occasional travel to other UK locations as required
Competitive basic salary + 20 days holiday + your birthday off + health care scheme + other company benefits
35 hours per week, flexible between 0900 and 1700
FSC is a family business with over 30 years of award winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is located in Cheddar and our Innovation Centre is situated near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
The role will involve:
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering new products & customer launches to market as part of an Agile scrum team, through:
- Answering and logging all incoming and outgoing calls and emails to our customers in a positive and friendly manner.
- Co-ordinating & managing the successful launch of the new products via the Project critical path across internal parties, NPD, Operations and Account Managers
- Sourcing ingredients, packaging and services
- Working along with the key stakeholders, internally and externally, to identify and resolve risks, to ensure successful delivery of the critical path
- Co-ordinating project activities and reporting on project status and performance to the Agile team at the daily stand up meeting
- Working closely and regularly negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers and distributors
- Use of project management tools to capture information and present in an appropriate format
- Working with their technical counterpart to approve new suppliers
- Working closely with the relevant people and teams to ensure internal systems are updated with correct information
- Building an understanding of customer’s brand values, operations and logistics parameters
- Building knowledge of relevant legislation effecting customer, suppliers and projects
Qualifications (academic and work-related):
- Educated to degree level
- Professional qualification in Project Management
Experience and skills:
- Experience leading multiple projects in a cross functional environment
- Experience in the FMCG industry
- Account Management experience required
- Food 2 Go supply chain experience, including logistics cost and capability
- Product testing – transit trials, shelf life and heating methods
- Stock planning, forecasting and control experience desirable
- An understanding of the packaging industry, including a basic knowledge of available materials and environmental considerations
- Proven track record in supplier negotiations
- Ability to quickly establish knowledge of a producer, including their capabilities and constraints
- Good understanding and knowledge of Project Management & critical paths
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Project Management tools (such as MS Project or Prince 2)
- Proactive approach
We can offer a friendly and dynamic working environment. We are a family business which values a good work-life balance, but also personal development.